Thursday, December 10, 2015

I'm Dreaming

All I want for Christmas is a home of my own.

Okay, so a house isn't exactly something you write down on your list to Santa and expect to receive, but if we had the money to spend, you better believe it would be at the top of my list. 

I want to buy a house.

Apartment living is for the birds. Our apartment is pretty nice and in a great location (minus the toll road right outside of our window) and it was a really great size until little Miss Avery came along. Who knew that such a small human could take up so much space? I feel like we're bursting at the seams. The apartment always looks like a mess because we just have so much stuff and no where to keep it!

Early in my last trimester, Justin and I started house hunting and I was like a little kid in a candy store. I already spend my days searching relator.com, so actually going to look at houses was so exciting to me. But just as quickly as it started, it ended. We had some unexpected medical costs due to hospital visits for preterm contractions and our little savings for a down payment went right out the window.

So here we are, months later, still living in our apartment. I'm still searching realtor.com every day of my life, and even though home ownership most likely isn't in our very near future, I hold on to the idea that maybe we'll win the lottery or somehow find a bunch of money and my dreams will come true.

So until then, I'll peruse Pinterest and collect images of my dream home. I know that old saying "patience is a virtue" but I'm over it. I'm more on Veruca Salt's from Willy Wonka's level. I want a house now!

|source|
|source|
|source|
|source|
|source|
|source|
|source|
|source|
And there you have it, my dream home in a nutshell. If I had my way, we would be moving to Waco, Texas where I would buy the cheapest house I could find and hire Chip and Joanna Gaines to create the perfect French country, rustic chic with a touch of modern home filled with neutral colors, hardwood floors, sliding barn doors, and shiplap accent walls. That's not too much to ask, is it? I didn't think so!

What would your dream home look like?

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you're feeling - we live in a one bedroom and I'm constantly looking at houses!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about all your struggles! We're years away from buying a house but I would loveeee all the space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I want to move to Waco too so Chip & Joanna will work on my house! I totally understand how you feel though, we lived in a cramped Chicago apartment for 4 years and I was dying for more space. The right time (and house!) will come for you guys!

    ReplyDelete