Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Welcome to Ivy & Grace

Well, hello! Welcome to the Ivy & Grace Blog; a place where you can get to know a little more about myself and my little family and a place where you can get some sneak peeks of upcoming newness to our Ivy & Grace Etsy Shop. Let me take some time to introduce myself...


 I'm Jenna! I'm a 20-something wife, mother, small business owner, and certified Sephora makeup artist. I was born and raised in Michigan, and although we currently live in Indiana, I will always be a Michigan girl at heart. While being a wife and mother are the most rewarding, I have a few other roles. I run the Ivy & Grace Etsy Shop where I sell handmade baby headbands. I love being creative and the shop is the perfect outlet for that. I've also been working at Sephora as a certified makeup artist since October of 2013 and I couldn't love my career more! Not only is Sephora an amazing company to work for, but I get the opportunity to express myself through the art of makeup and teach other women to do the same. And let's be honest, sometimes it's just fun to transform yourself into a zombie or a mermaid!


I met my husband Justin in college while we were on a cross-cultural trip to Guatemala. We went to a small, Christian university but had to leave the country to meet, go figure! We got married in September of 2013 and moved to Indiana soon after. Justin runs an elite travel baseball organization and training facility here in Northern Indiana. He rarely takes life too seriously and is always making me laugh. I can honestly say that I married my best friend. 


 Our most recent adventure? Parenthood. Our sweet little girl, Avery, was born late July of 2015. I had planned on a natural birth, but found out at 38 weeks this little princess was breech. So cesarean section it was! I was extremely blessed with an amazing doctor and a very easy recovery and was feeling back to normal just a few days post-surgery! Motherhood has been nothing short of amazing. I have always known that I wanted to be a mom, but I cannot explain just how much it has made me feel whole. At the time of writing this, Avery is now a thriving and healthy 2 month old. It's been so much fun to watch her learn and grow, and let me tell you, this little girl is loved so very much. Avery is also our Ivy & Grace headband model, so you'll get to see much more of her!

And there you have it, just a little bit about me. I hope you will come back and continue to keep up with our little family and the Ivy & Grace Shop. I am an Instagram fanatic so you should probably follow me on both our shop Instagram (@ivyandgraceshop) and my personal Instagram (@jenna__anne). Thanks for reading!

1 comment: