Monday, November 16, 2015

Random Thoughts

Once again, I've managed to not blog in the last week. This whole juggling real life, work, motherhood, blogging thing is hard! My house looks like a tornado ripped through it, even though I just picked it up a few days ago. I think that's just a loosing battle.

Since I've been MIA, I've had a few things on my mind, like....

1. This whole dumb red cup ordeal. I know everyone and their mom's has something to say about it, but that's because it's absolutely absurd. I'm a Christian and not once did I look at that red cup and get offended or think that Starbucks was proclaiming they hate Jesus (but, then again, I'm not one to get offended when it comes to my faith). If a disposable coffee cup defines your faith, then you need to reevaluate your life. Also, what is a 'Social Media Evangelist'? Please, excuse me while I go enjoy my Caramel Brûlée Latte in a Starbucks red cup.

2. Speaking of Christmas, is it too early to decorate? Why can't I keep my Christmas tree up all year long? Why is every one so against spreading out the happiest time of the year? Why can't I roll myself in glitter. I snuck this little guy up in hopes that he's not too obvious. I mean, it says 'holidays' which technically includes Thanksgiving, right?


3. Why are donuts so bad for you? They're just fried dough that bring so much joy and warmth to my inner spirit. I think that makes them semi-healthy. Emotional health is important too, people!

4. Is it possible to hire someone to do my grocery shopping and laundry for me without having to pay an arm and a leg for a personal assistant? Like, I can't afford to pay someone a legit salary to live off of, but I really need someone to do this for me. It's the bane of my existence. 

5. I picked up a few necessities at work last week since we get an extra discount during the month of November. (Also, important to note that what is necessary to a Sephora employee is not really necessary. We'll find any way to justify the purchase of a $50 eyeshadow palette that we basically already have). Any who, I needed Justin, my voice of reason, to give me a spending limit because I have no control. His response? "Just don't go all VIB Rouge." (In case you don't know, in order to become a VIB Rouge member, you have to spend $1,000 in a calendar year). Silly boy, I'm already VIB Rouge.

And last, but not least....

6. Why can't I look this cute in leopard print leggings?




1 comment:

  1. Lol girl the power to not spend all my monies at Sephora are fierce!! I went Friday and am going back again to pick up some stuff that I was undecided on..of course the decision being I need it! The red cup thing is annoying, you said it perfectly... a cup should not justify your faith. Drink that carmel brulee latte girl! If we lived closer I would totally grocery shop and do your laundry, I love doing that kind of stuff (nerd, I know)! It's never too early to decorate, I say bring it on!!

    ReplyDelete