Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Top 4 Highlighters


There's something you should know about me. I am obsessed with highlighters. OBSESSED! I have skin as dry as the desert, so I am the girl that piles on the glow. If you can't see my highlight from space, then I've failed. 

Since I'm always playing around with new highlighters at work, I've found four of the best, must-have, can't live without highlighters. If you don't have any of these, you're going to want to run out and snag one, or two...or all of them.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette.
This highlighting palette is for you if you are highlight obsessed like myself. Hourglass is a luxury brand, so this bad boy isn't cheap, but it is a must-have for my full-face makeup routine. This palette includes three different lighting powders, Radiant Light, Incandescent Light, and Dim Light. Incandescent Light is exclusive to the palette, but you can purchase the other two, as well as four other lighting powders, on their own. The Hourglass lighting powders were intended to mimic different types of lighting on the skin. They're more of your 'healthy glow' powder as opposed to a really intense highlight. I typically use Radiant Light to set my foundation for a luminous finish. I absolutely love using these lighting powders as a soft, romantic highlight on brides. These powders are for you if you're looking for the perfect glow without looking like a disco ball.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
Now, if you are looking to be a disco ball (don't be embarrassed, I love looking like a disco ball) you need this highlighter. Becca's Opal has quickly become a cult classic in the highlighting world, and all for good reason. On the Sephora website, the color is described as golden opal pearl, and it is absolutely beautiful. As you can tell in the picture above, mine is well loved as I am close to hitting pan. This highlighter also comes in a cream and liquid formula, so there is something for everyone. 

Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey
I die for this highlighter. Just like the Opal highlighter, Gilded Honey is an intense highlight. It is the perfect golden honey shade and looks absolutely stunning with a tan. Even though my skin hasn't seen the sun in over a year (#pregnancyproblems) I still wear it and it's gorgeous. I'm all about that golden goddess life.

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01
Don't let the name fool you, this highlight is not matte, but the perfect vanilla glow. Just like the Hourglass powders, this highlight is less intense and gives more of a healthy glow. I just have a small, deluxe sample size of this highlight, but I use this often and still have so much of the product left. This highlight is stunning on fair to medium skintones; if you are tan to deep complected, this highlight will look ashy on your skin. This holiday season, Laura Mercier launched a holiday palette with this highlight, their best selling Bronze 03 shade, and their Baked Bronzing Blush in Ritual, and you should probably buy it!

And there you have it, my top four, can't live without, highlighters. If you have a favorite highlighter that I didn't mention, leave it in the comments below! 

1 comment:

  1. I have the Hourglass ambient lighting blush and looooooove it! Such a luxurious texture and the mixture of colors is gorgeous. I may need to try the highlighter though!

    ReplyDelete